Explore Skin eBx®: A painless, non-surgical treatment for non-melanoma skin cancers that may be offered as an alternative to surgery.
The majority of skin cancers appear on sun-exposed areas such as the face, scalp, nose, ears, hands, arms and legs. If you have been diagnosed with a non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC), such as basal or squamous cell carcinoma, you may have concerns about scarring, wound healing or preserving functionality in anatomically challenging areas.
Skin eBx is an advanced, patient-friendly option for NMSC treatment. Skin eBx provides an effective and convenient alternative to surgery allowing patients to return to normal activities immediately with no downtime.
While surgery is considered to be the standard of care for NMSC, for some patients, surgery is not an option or a preference. A completely non-invasive approach, no cutting, bleeding or stitching is required with skin eBx, offering reduced risk of complications compared to surgery. Skin eBx offers patients and physicians a safe and effective treatment option for NMSC with valuable benefits including:
- Excellent clinical and cosmetic results
- No downtime
- Quick treatment sessions
- Precise targeting
- No pain, anesthesia, cutting, bleeding or stitching
- No scarring
- No need for post-treatment reconstructive surgeries
- Ideal for challenging anatomic locations
Appropriate candidates for skin eBx may include the following patients.
- Patients with lesions in anatomically challenging locations
- Patients who prefer an alternative to surgery
- Patients who are not surgical candidates due to medical comorbidities or ot her health issues such as diabetes, peripheral vascular disease or blood thinning medication
- Patients with higher-risk lesions, including features such as positive margins, requiring adjunct therapy to surgery
Your dermatologist and dermatological surgeon will help determine the best course of treatment, should you be diagnosed with skin cancer.